Friday, September 22, 2006

corresponding with a faculty member

About 1 month ago, I was corresponding with a faculty member in a particular school that I would be applying to. The introduction started well. However, after I sent my CV and research interest over, the communication ceased. A week later, I sent a friendly reminder/enquiry but there were still no responses.

Today, 3 weeks after sending the reminder/enquiry, I decided to send one last enquiry to check whether previous emails and CV have been received. Just hours after sending the email, the faculty replied and said she was very busy over the last few weeks and hence couldn't reply to me.

On one hand, I'm glad that the emails got through. On the other hand, beside acknowledging my emails, there were no further comments. Well, no comment is better than bad comments, so I'm thankful for that. I'm now hoping for a further discussion. Yet I am not too sure how I should be driving this communication.

Guess I just have to move on with my application for the time being, regardless of the (lack of) outcome from this correspondence. At the same time, I'm continuing to pray for opening of doors.

No comments: