Friday, December 22, 2006

2nd attempt on paper submission

I should be submitting the research paper that I'm co-authoring to another journal within the next few days. It is good to get this done before the year-end.

I have been working on this piece for the last 9 months or so. Yes, it is taking a bit longer than it should. This is because I was quite tied up with work and the schools' applications, especially in the last 2 to 3 months.

This research is more of a qualitative, cased-based paper. Although I think I will be doing more quant-based research (should I be admitted to the schools that I am applying), the experience of writing this paper has been very enriching. It helps to
hone my analytical and writing skills, as well as exposes me slightly to the submission requirements and processes.

I hope it will be accepted for review/publishing this time round (which researcher
would hope otherwise for her work?). I don't think it will be in time to affect my applications, nevertheless it would be a nice closure and maybe something that I can talk about should some of the schools decide to interview me.

Anyway, let's see how this will eventually turn out...

No comments: