Monday, February 26, 2007

www.gradjournal.com

Over the weekend, I done up a website to keep track of application outcomes at www.gradjournal.com. Although some websites and online forums are doing this in one way or another, GradJournal.com (GJ) is a little different.

Firstly, it ties the application outcome to the applicant's profile (e.g. GMAT score, GPAs, experience, etc.). This helps others to have a better picture of each offer or reject. Secondly, GJ is more structured than what other websites/forums are doing. Lastly, it focus on B-school graduate programs (e.g. PhDs., Masters, MBAs.)

My wife thought that I'm crazy to spend time and money to do GradJournal.com. I agreed with her. But I guess it is just me - seeing deficiencies in existing systems and doing something about them. One good thing is that doing up the system would keep my mind off the waiting season. Or maybe not. Hope I can post my own application outcomes in GradJournal.com soon.

No comments: